If you are interested in that person, this can be a real pain.
What’s the point?
Trying to give some advice on how to handle this situation, I will explain some possible reasons why guys do this.
What’s up with him keeping the conversation going but not texting me back?
When a guy texts you and the conversation doesn’t continue, a number of factors could be at play.
Some of the possibilities include:
- It doesn’t work out. Maybe he was just being nice and sent you a text, but he really doesn’t want to talk to you.
- Probably too busy. It is possible that he didn’t get a chance to send you a reply to your text.
- Online socializing is not his strong suit. Perhaps he would prefer to talk on the phone or face-to-face.
There are a few things you can do if a guy texts you and then ends the conversation:
- Avoid taking it personally. Perhaps he doesn’t like you or might be too busy. Don’t take it personally.
- Call him. Communicating with him will be easier if he can talk to you on the phone. It might be easier for him to talk to you by phone than by text.
- Stop waiting for him to reply. In the event that he does not respond after a day or two, consider moving on. Don’t waste your time with him.
You should do some investigating rather than jump to conclusions if a guy texts you but does not keep up the conversation.
It is a reflection of how he feels about you if he is not making much effort. As a result, you should think about why you’re wasting so much time on him.
You must speak with him directly in order to learn more about what’s going on. See what he has to say about why he isn’t interested in meeting up.
The best thing for your peace of mind is to ask a guy a direct question. It takes a bit of courage, but it’s completely worth it!
Message but not meet up? Why are guys so reluctant to meet up?
I find it extremely difficult to answer this question without seeing the conversations you have and learning more about how your relationship.
He may be busy and not available to meet. It is possible that he has an interest in you, but he does not know if you have an interest in him.
There is a possibility that he does not do well socializing online or that meeting someone he has only met online may not be comfortable for him.
Remember that there are many reasons why a guy might prefer texting to meeting up; he might not be interested in you just because he likes texting.
Are You Being Stringed Along by a Guy?
In the absence of more information about what you are discussing and your relationship status, it is difficult to answer this question.
There’s a good chance he’s wasting your time if he never calls or makes excuses not to meet up whenever you suggest it.
If he says he will meet you but does not follow through, it’s likely that he is stringing you along.
If something does not feel right, it likely isn’t. If you’re unsure, keep your cool.
You’ll usually end up on the right track if you are guided by your gut feel!
If you text someone but don’t respond, there are many reasons for that.
Nonetheless, paying attention to how he texts, what he says, and how he behaves might provide some clues as to why he is acting this way.
Without a doubt, speaking directly with him will provide the best insight into what’s going on.